Head of Centre for Advanced Studies in Master Drawings
- Born in Chatham, England 1950
- Art history, University of Copenhagen 1970-80
- Living in Florence, Italy. Member of the academic staff at Kunsthistorisches Institut, Florence 1977- 91
- MA (Research Degree), University of Copenhagen 1980
- Project officer, J.F.Willumsen's Museum, Frederikssund 1982-1986
- Acting director at J.F.Willumsen's Museum, Frederikssund 1987-88
- Visiting curator at Gabinetto Disegni e Stampe, Uffizi 1986-88
- Visiting curator at Museum Boymans-van Beuningen, Rotterdam 1988-90
- Visiting curator at Louvre, Paris 1990-94
- Senior research curator at The Royal Collection of Graphic Art, National Gallery of Denmark 1991-2002
- Member of the Danish Ministry of Culture's research committee 1994-99
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Master Drawings" since 1997
- Part-time lecturer (Art History) at the University og Copenhagen since 2001
- Head of Centre for Advanced Studies in Master Drawings, since 2002.
- Visiting Professor with the Courtauld Institute, London winter of 2005-2006
- Member of the advisory committee for the cataloguing of the Italian drawings at Hamburger Kunsthalle, 2007-09
Involved in numerous exhibitions and publications in Denmark and abroad, see the list of publications.
Cavaliere del Ordine della Stella della Solidarietà Italiana.