Merete Sanderhoff, researcher
The Collection and Research department
Open access to and sharing of digitized cultural heritage.
Digital education of art history.
Canons of art history: Mechanisms and processes behind the formation of canons.
The periphery of contemporary art: Danish-Scandinavian artists who border or break with the field of expectations to what contemporary art is.
The institutionalization of the Avant-Garde during the 20th century.
Aesthetic and historical relations between art and music
"Historiemaleri, opdateret", in Erik Bach et al (red.): Her og nu! Fortidsforståelse i kunst, kultur og videnskab, Carlsbergfondet 2012.
"Rhizomatic Art Stories - balancing between innovation and usability", Museums and the Web 2011.
"Martin Bigum – Structure beneath skin". Randers Kunstmuseum, Randers Kunstforening, Vejle Kunstmuseum and Kastrupgårdsamlingen, 2011-12.
Shades of Black (catalogue for the exhibition), Ordrupgaard and Vejle Kunstmuseum 2010.
"Digitale kunsthistorier" (with Annette Rosenvold Hvidt) in Anne Sophie Warberg Løssing (ed.): Digital museumsformidling - i brugerperspektiv , Kulturarvsstyrelsen 2009.
"En verden i oprør. Musik på Nicolai Abildgaards tid.", CD 8.578103 Naxos Records, Dacapo and National Gallery of Denmark 2009.
"Bevar mig vel? Omkring et bevaringsmæssigt paradoks", in SMK Art Journal 2007. Ed. Peter Nørgaard Larsen, National Gallery of Denmark 2008.
Sorte billeder - Kunst og kanon, Forlaget politisk revy, 2007.
Participant in the Europeana Cultural Commons Task Force, 2012-
Manager of pilot project: SMK's release of 158 highlights for free download under Creative Commons, 2012
Manager of SMK's contribution to the Google Art Project, 2011-12
Manager of "Art Stories mobile" - a mobile application shared by museums, supported by The National Heritage Agency of Denmark, 2011-13 (presentation of the project)
Manager of the pilot project "Image Sharing and Development of Digital Tools", supported by The National Heritage Agency of Denmark, 2009-11
Nuancer af sort (Shades of Black), Ordrupgaard and Vejle Kunstmuseum 2010
NI fra NU - en udstilling om begrebet maleri i Århusområdet, Aarhus Kunstbygning. Center for Nutidskunst 2008.
Contributions to conferences and seminars
- Organizer of the seminar Sharing is caring – Let's get real! DR Studio 4, December 12 2012, Copenhagen
- 2nd International Forum for Cultural Infrastructures: Keynote speech "Adding, Sharing, Growing, Caring" (via Slideshare and Livestream), Santiago de Compostela, November 7-9, 2012.
- 2nd Strategic Briefing on the European Cultural Commons: Presentation of shared mobile museum platform Common Challenges, Common Solutions (via Slideshare), Limassol, Cyprus, October 30, 2012.
- Open Knowledge Festival 2012: Speaker in the session Open GLAM Workshop, Topic Stream 5/Open Cultural Heritage, with the paper "Common Challenges, Common Solutions. Working Together Towards Openness", Helsinki, September 17-22 2012
- Web Manager's Meeting, Smithsonian Institution: Presentation The How's and Why's of Sharing at SMK, Smithsonian, Washington D.C., May 11 2012
- J. Boye Philadelphia 2012: Web & Intranet Conference, The Hub CityView, May 8-10 2012, Philadelphia. Speaker in session Web Strategy and Governance with the presentation Sharing is Daring. Openness as a Business Strategy and leading Tutorial Sharing is Caring. New Directions in Business Transformation with Michael Edson, Lawrence Swiader and Lau Hesselbæk Andersen
- DISH 2011 Digital Strategies for Heritage: WTC Rotterdam, 6-9 December, Rotterdam. Speaker in the session Change Achieved through Action
- Museum Computer Network Conference: 16-19 November 2011, Atlanta. Contribution to the video panel Philosophical Leadership Needed for the Future: Digital Humanities in Museums with the video The Scholar of Tomorrow
- Organizer of the seminar Sharing is caring – Digitized cultural hertitage for all, DR Studio 4, 11 November 2011, Copenhagen
- J. Boye Aarhus 11: Web & Intranet Conference, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, 8-10 November 2011, Aarhus. Speaker in the session Digital Strategy and Governance with the presentation Set it Free to Create More Value (available via Slideshare)
- Museums and the Web 2011: Loews Hotel, 9. april 2011, Philadelphia. "Rhizomatic Art Stories - balancing between innovation and usability" (available at SlideShare)
- Passion. ODM International Seminar 2011: Hotel Nyborg Strand, 23 March 2011, Nyborg. "Passion for accesible cultural heritage" (available in Danish at SlideShare)
- NODEM 2010: Nordic Digital Excellence in Museums. Member of local organizing comittee
- Share it – når brugere og kulturinstitutioner deler. (Share It – when Users and Cultural Institutions Share) Kulturarvsstyrelsens Tematimer 1 October 2009, National Gallery of Denmark, Copenhagen.
- Nordisk Museikonferens, 1.-3. april 2009, Malmö and Copenhagen. Presentation for the seminar "Konsten att förvandla besökare til användare" (“The Art of Turning Visitors into Users”)
- Conference on research strategies, The Danish Ministry of Culture, 12 March 2009, Copenhagen. Presentation on “Digital Art Histories”.
- Seminar arranged by Organisationen Danske Museer: Kunstmuseernes seminar, 6.-7. november 2008, Horsens. Presentation on “Digital Art Histories”
Grants and Awards
Aarhus University’s Gold Medal, 2006