You are always welcome to contact the booking office of the National Gallery of Denmark by telephone or e-mail. The booking office is there to help you, and is happy to provide you with ideas and guidance.
The booking office is staffed by university students who are also experienced Gallery educators.
Ph. +45 25527176 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Please book at least 1 week in advance.
As there is limited room in the exhibitions, groups of more than 10 people are requested to announce their visit.
The booking office will always provide you with help and advice to:
- Book educational and workshop events and digital workshops
- Register group visits
- Receive free educational material
- Listen to more detailed information on the Gallery's current exhibitions
When calling to arrange an education or workshop event, we will ask you to specify:
- The desired date for the event
- The time of day when you wish the event to take place
- The number of people that will be attending the event (note: max 28 people)
- Suggestions for subjects you would like the event to address
- The contact information and address to which the confirmation letter should be sent
Delayed or cancelling?
Please contact Booking Ph. +45 25527176 or the Ticket Office Ph. +4525527179 after 2:00 pm and during weekends. You may cancel an event at no cost up to 1 week prior to the visit. If cancelling within 2-6 days in advance, you will be charged 50% of the event price; if cancelling 1-2 days in advance, you will be charged the full price.
When visiting the museum with a kindergarten/school class, you should note the following:
Before the visit:
- The Gallery is closed on Mondays
- You must book an educational event at least 1 week in advance
- You must always announce your visit (even if you are not going to have a session)
- You have free access to both the Gallery’s collections and special exhibitions
- You can receive educational material in a class folder format – FREE
- You may cancel an event at no cost up to 1 week prior to the visit. If cancelling within 2-6 days in advance, you will be charged 50% of the event price; if cancelling 1-2 days in advance, you will be charged the full price.
During the visit:
- The coat room lockers require a 10-kroner coin
- Bags larger than A4 format and beverages may not be brought into the exhibition rooms
- Students may not go through the Gallery without the supervision of their teachers
- You should arrive early for tours
- You can eat packed lunches in the children’s cafeteria near the coatroom.
- Photography and filming is permitted for personal use in the Gallery without the use of lighting, flashes or tripods.
For the very youngest
- There are nappy/diaper changing facilities located in the Gallery toilets
- Strollers and prams need to be parked outside the Gallery. You may borrow a chain lock and rain cover from the Gallery ticketing office.
- The Gallery loans out special prams for indoor use, free of charge.