Visit the Study Room of the Royal Collection of Graphic Art
Study Room of The Royal Collection of Graphic Art
Welcome to the study room for the Royal Collection of Graphic Art. Here it is possible to get drawings, water colours, sketch books, photographs and all forms of graphic art out of the Museum’s store rooms. Have peace and space for studying and getting absorbed in 600 years of world art.
Open to all
The study room is open to everybody who is interested, both individuals and groups. It is important to book in advance, because each single unique work of art demands room and attention.
Contact and opening hours
Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Notice, the study room is closed during holidays, constitution day (5 June) and the days between Christmas and New Year.
Advance booking is necessary
Phone + 45 3374 8515
Have an exclusive art experience
With more than 245.000 works of art on paper from the 15th century to today, the National Gallery of Denmark has the largest collection of drawings and graphic art in the country.
As something quite exceptional, the study room provides close contact with world art on paper - the whole Royal Collection from Dürer, Rembrandt and Goya, Picasso and Matisee to Abildgaard, Kirkeby and Tal R.
There are a number of precautions in connection with visits to the study room which have to be followed for security reasons:
- All large bags and coats must be deposited in the Museum cloakroom. From the Information transparent plastic bags are available for any material you wish to take into the study room. Lap-tops are permitted.
- Every visitor to the study room is registered. Remember to take picture identification with you, passport or driver's license.
- For reasons of conservation, all visitors to the study room must wash their hands before entering.
- A restroom is located next to the Study Room.
- The staff is at your service, if you have any questions.